About The Coast Academy.
This vision will be realized through:-
- Emphasizing and rewarding individual achievement;
- Ensuring disciplined study by all students;
- Establishing an ethos of fair play and mutual respect;
- Expecting reliability, both as individuals and as members of a team;
- Sharing responsibility of the welfare of members of the community:
- Promoting the culture of life – long learning.
The Academy will ensure that the staff:-
- are energized, enthusiastic and self motivated;
- value quality teaching and learning, have high expectations and
- encourage a range of ideas and innovations;
- understand and satisfy the educational needs expressed by both students and parents;
- encourage students to learn and grow together;
- promote the values of the academy;
- enable parents and all friends of the academy to participate as appropriate in its activities.
The Academy expects aims to become a leader in education. This will be done by placing strong emphasis on :-
- a collective and consultative approach to relationship management, decision making and planning;
- a cycle of review and development aimed at ensuring effective use of resources for the benefit of students’ learning;
- appropriate and suitable physical facilities to provide an attractive learning environment;
- first class equipment (including information technology – ICT, to ensure easy access to all available information);
- a high qualified and well – motivated staff.
Coast Academy was founded in 1970, by Academic Services Limited, as part of a programme to establish centres of academic excellence in Kenya. Since then, Coast Academy has emphasised the highest standards in intellectual growth, in the development of social and moral values, and in preparing students for international university education and future careers. The Academy is proud to be at the forefront of Kenyan education today.
The Academy is in two sections; the Junior School (Playgroup to Year 6), and the Senior School (Year 7 to A level). These schools situated in Kizingo, one of Mombasa’s most exclusive residential areas, are in close proximity to each other
We provide a conducive learning environment for all learners. The school has recently embarked on an expansion programme that aims to enhance existing facilities. This program has resulted in an expansion of existing facilities. We now have the ability to offer enhanced facilities in line with our goal of becoming a centre of excellence.
The Coast Academy is an Edexcel certification centre. For over 45 years, the school has followed international curricula that ensure success though quality education.
Our Mission and Vision.
The Coast Academy aims to provide opportunities for all students to develop their full potential and to stretch their academic abilities in a way that builds confidence and enables them to live their lives to the full