Campus and Location
Our students have a long standing tradition of educational excellence which is developed through open partnerships between our community, parents, students, teachers and administration. We believe in holding our students to the highest academic and behavioral standards while we “expect, model and praise excellence.” Our Pride is alive and well here on our campus through our numerous extracurricular activities.
We foster an educational and respectful environment by providing rigorous and inspirational programs which prepare adolescents for challenges and choices that enable them to be motivated, self-directed learners.
The Academy is in two sections; the Junior School (Playgroup to Year 6), and the Senior School (Year 7 to A level). These schools situated in Kizingo, one of Mombasa’s most exclusive residential areas, are in close proximity to each other.
Success in Learning
Why Choose The Coast Academy?
- Emphasizing and rewarding individual achievement;
- Ensuring disciplined study by all students;
- Establishing an ethos of fair play and mutual respect;
- Expecting reliability, both as individuals and as members of a team;
- Sharing responsibility of the welfare of members of the community:
- Promoting the culture of life – long learning.
- Are energized, enthusiastic and self motivated;
- Value quality teaching and learning, have high expectations and
- Encourage a range of ideas and innovations;
- Understand and satisfy the educational needs expressed by both students and parents;
- Encourage students to learn and grow together;
- Promote the values of the academy;
- Enable parents and all friends of the academy to participate as appropriate in its activities.
The Academy expects aims to become a leader in education. This will be done by placing strong emphasis on :-
- a collective and consultative approach to relationship management, decision making and planning;
- a cycle of review and development aimed at ensuring effective use of resources for the benefit of students’ learning;
- appropriate and suitable physical facilities to provide an attractive learning environment;
- first class equipment (including information technology – ICT, to ensure easy access to all available information);
- a high qualified and well – motivated staff.