Dear Students, Staff & Parents, Welcome to the school year! As I take up my responsibility as the new Principal at The Coast Academy I look forward to providing a safe and intellectually challenging environment that will empower our students to become innovative thinkers, creative problem solvers and inspired learners prepared to thrive in the twenty-first century.
Full participation in academic and co-curricular programs and a willingness to act responsibly as an individual within our educational environment are the factors that will enable us all to have a successful and enjoyable year.
Below are some of my beliefs regarding teaching and learning:
I believe that effective teachers create opportunities for intellectual risk-taking, collaboration, problem-solving, and application of classroom learning to real life situations and they Implement strategies that promote ownership of learning to students.
In addition they design instruction to integrate a variety of innovative technological tools and resources to enhance learning and engage in ongoing professional growth in order to increase the quality of instruction. It is also pertinent to collaborate with colleagues to share and discuss exemplary practices, interpret student performance data, and design assessments that promote twenty-first century skills.
I believe that successful students communicate in a meaningful way for a variety of purposes and audiences. They employ critical and creative thinking skills to solve problems and also pose questions, examine possibilities and apply skills to find solutions to authentic issues.
They make positive choices related to physical and mental wellness and contribute to the local and global community in a collaborative and respectful manner. In addition parental encouragement and support for learning activities at home combined with parental involvement in schooling is critical to children’s education.
Hence I look forward to a wonderful school year with valuable input from all our three key stake holders: students, staff and parents. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and know that my door is always open.
I am honored to serve as your principal.
Sincerely, Kheirunnisa Walijee
Success in Learning
Why Choose The Coast Academy?
- Emphasizing and rewarding individual achievement;
- Ensuring disciplined study by all students;
- Establishing an ethos of fair play and mutual respect;
- Expecting reliability, both as individuals and as members of a team;
- Sharing responsibility of the welfare of members of the community:
- Promoting the culture of life – long learning.
- Are energized, enthusiastic and self motivated;
- Value quality teaching and learning, have high expectations and
- Encourage a range of ideas and innovations;
- Understand and satisfy the educational needs expressed by both students and parents;
- Encourage students to learn and grow together;
- Promote the values of the academy;
- Enable parents and all friends of the academy to participate as appropriate in its activities.
The Academy expects aims to become a leader in education. This will be done by placing strong emphasis on :-
- a collective and consultative approach to relationship management, decision making and planning;
- a cycle of review and development aimed at ensuring effective use of resources for the benefit of students’ learning;
- appropriate and suitable physical facilities to provide an attractive learning environment;
- first class equipment (including information technology – ICT, to ensure easy access to all available information);
- a high qualified and well – motivated staff.