The Upper Secondary curriculum at Coast Academy offers breadth and balance to provide challenges and opportunities for students, preparing them for the finest national and international universities. The Academy offers programmes leading to the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE).
As in the lower secondary school there is a strong co-curricular and PSHE programme. Students are encouraged to take part in the President’s Award Scheme and the East African Model United Nations.
Success in Learning
Why Choose The Coast Academy?
- Emphasizing and rewarding individual achievement;
- Ensuring disciplined study by all students;
- Establishing an ethos of fair play and mutual respect;
- Expecting reliability, both as individuals and as members of a team;
- Sharing responsibility of the welfare of members of the community:
- Promoting the culture of life – long learning.
- Are energized, enthusiastic and self motivated;
- Value quality teaching and learning, have high expectations and
- Encourage a range of ideas and innovations;
- Understand and satisfy the educational needs expressed by both students and parents;
- Encourage students to learn and grow together;
- Promote the values of the academy;
- Enable parents and all friends of the academy to participate as appropriate in its activities.
The Academy expects aims to become a leader in education. This will be done by placing strong emphasis on :-
- a collective and consultative approach to relationship management, decision making and planning;
- a cycle of review and development aimed at ensuring effective use of resources for the benefit of students’ learning;
- appropriate and suitable physical facilities to provide an attractive learning environment;
- first class equipment (including information technology – ICT, to ensure easy access to all available information);
- a high qualified and well – motivated staff.