Student Support at Coast Academy is holistic and wellness-oriented. Our entire community of students benefits from a school culture that prioritizes healthy growth in all areas of a student’s life—academic, social-emotional, spiritual, and physical. Every teacher, coach, club sponsor, and administrator is part of the “circle of care” that surrounds each of our students. On-campus experts including learning strategists, counselors, chaplains, nurses, and more, stay up-to-date with the latest research to ensure we’re meeting the needs of all our learners, from pre-first through senior year.
The Support Team Goals:
- Supporting Special Education Students.
- Supporting English Language Learners.
- Supporting staff as Advisors and Teachers to create positive relationships with students and families.
- Supporting Positive Youth Development practice.
- School Culture.
- Collaborating with community supports for students and families.
Supporting individual students.
- Collaborating with Families to support their child.
- Facilitating Advisory curriculum as needed.
- Assisting in disciplinary issues and proactive practices to eliminate disciplinary issues.
- Providing support during family meetings.
- Peer Mediation and Social Justice.
- Running Groups addressing student needs.
- Co-facilitates advisories as needed.
Success in Learning
Why Choose The Coast Academy?
- Emphasizing and rewarding individual achievement;
- Ensuring disciplined study by all students;
- Establishing an ethos of fair play and mutual respect;
- Expecting reliability, both as individuals and as members of a team;
- Sharing responsibility of the welfare of members of the community:
- Promoting the culture of life – long learning.
- Are energized, enthusiastic and self motivated;
- Value quality teaching and learning, have high expectations and
- Encourage a range of ideas and innovations;
- Understand and satisfy the educational needs expressed by both students and parents;
- Encourage students to learn and grow together;
- Promote the values of the academy;
- Enable parents and all friends of the academy to participate as appropriate in its activities.
The Academy expects aims to become a leader in education. This will be done by placing strong emphasis on :-
- a collective and consultative approach to relationship management, decision making and planning;
- a cycle of review and development aimed at ensuring effective use of resources for the benefit of students’ learning;
- appropriate and suitable physical facilities to provide an attractive learning environment;
- first class equipment (including information technology – ICT, to ensure easy access to all available information);
- a high qualified and well – motivated staff.